To connect a phone to a Chromebook using Phone Hub, follow these steps:
- Make sure your phone is compatible: Phone Hub is only available on certain Android phones that have the Phone Hub app installed. You can check if your phone is compatible by going to the Google Play Store and searching for “Phone Hub”. If the app is available for your phone, you can install it.
- Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromebook: To use Phone Hub, your phone and Chromebook must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If your phone is not already connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromebook, go to the “Wi-Fi” settings on your phone and connect to the same network.
- Enable Phone Hub on your Chromebook: On your Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the notification tray. In the notification tray, click the “Phone Hub” icon to enable Phone Hub.
- Connect your phone to your Chromebook: On your phone, open the Phone Hub app and follow the prompts to connect your phone to your Chromebook. This may involve entering a code that appears on your Chromebook screen or allowing Phone Hub access to certain phone features.
- Use Phone Hub: Once your phone is connected to your Chromebook, you can use Phone Hub to access phone features and control your phone from your Chromebook. You can view and respond to notifications, control media playback, and access phone settings.
I hope this helps! If you have any trouble connecting your phone to your Chromebook using Phone Hub, you may want to consult the Phone Hub documentation or seek assistance from a technical support specialist