- Check your internet connection: Make sure you have a stable internet connection. A weak or unstable connection can cause the video to pause or buffer.
- Update the YouTube app: Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and check for updates for the YouTube app.
- Clear the cache and data of the YouTube app: Go to the “Settings” app on your device, tap on “Apps” or “Application Manager,” find and tap on the YouTube app, and select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data.”
- Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix a variety of issues, including the pausing problem.
- Check for software updates: Make sure your device’s operating system is up to date.
- Disable any VPNs or proxy servers: If you’re using a VPN or proxy server, try disabling it and see if that fixes the problem.
- Disable any ad-blockers: Some ad-blockers may interfere with the YouTube app and cause it to pause.
- Check for conflicting apps: Some apps can conflict with the YouTube app and cause it to pause. Try uninstalling or disabling any apps that you think may be causing the problem.
- Check for any issues with your Google account: Log in to your Google account and check for any issues or errors that may be causing the problem with the YouTube app.
If none of these solutions work, try contacting YouTube support for further assistance.